Job Title: Director of Financial Planning
Location: (Hybrid 60/40) On-site locations include Hamden CT, Norwalk CT, Holyoke MA, Latham NY, Melville NY.
Position Type: Full-time
About Us: Charter Oak Financial is a dynamic and forward-thinking MassMutual affiliated financial services firm committed to delivering exceptional value and personalized solutions to our financial advisors. With a strong focus on innovation and client satisfaction, we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as the Director of Financial Planning.
Role Overview: As the Head of Financial Planning, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the financial planning strategy for our firm. You will be responsible for working with our advisors to draft and customizing compliance-approved fee-based financial plans, collaborating closely with our advisors on financial planning recommendations, and working with our internal team of product specialists on product implementation. Additionally, you will work strategically with our existing advisor base to expand and grow the number of fee-based financial planners within the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business, or a related field (master’s degree or CFP certification is a plus).
- Proven experience in drafting compliance-approved fee-based financial plans.
- Securities registered representative
- Strong understanding of financial products, investment strategies, and industry regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with advisors and clients.
- Leadership experience in growing and developing financial planning teams.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Drafting and Customizing Financial Plans
- Create comprehensive, compliance-approved fee-based financial plans tailored to the unique needs and goals of clients.
- Experience with Right Capital and/or Emoney financial planning tools is required.
- Collaboration with Advisors:
- Work closely with advisors to understand client objectives, risk tolerance, and financial situations to develop suitable financial planning recommendations.
- Provide guidance and support to advisors in incorporating financial planning into their practice.
- Plan Recommendations:
- Once a financial plan is created develop a detailed recommendation overview.
- Coordinate with internal product specialists and external partners to develop product specific implementation recommendations and case design
- Advisor Training and Development:
- Conduct training sessions and workshops to enhance the financial planning skills of existing advisors.
- Develop strategies to attract and onboard new fee-based financial planners, contributing to the growth of fee planners at the firm.
- Local Charter Oak office day trip travel
- Monitoring and Reporting:
- Establish and maintain a system for monitoring the performance and success of fee-based financial plans.
- Generate regular reports to evaluate the impact of financial planning efforts on client satisfaction and firm growth.